Each year we analyse our data, our monitoring and all other information we have about our academy including information we get from children and parents. We use this to see what our strengths are and where we can make improvements. The governors and staff work together as a team to ensure the academy improvement plan is effective in improving the provision for all our children.
We celebrate the fact that we are a good academy and we are always striving to be even better, we want to be outstanding!
This year our key focus areas for improvement are;
1. Improve formative and summative assessments across school to better inform teacher assessment and next steps in learning
- To develop a useful and meaningful assessment system within the academy which accurately informs teacher assessment.
- To ensure that formative assessments are robust, fit the increased expectations of the curriculum and provide both staff and children with accurate information about the next steps needed to make good progress.
- To ensure that formative assessments match the end of Key stage outcomes and the new ASP measures.
2. Attainment and progress in English across school with a particular focus on Reading and SPAG
- To ensure staff have the skills, knowledge and resources to plan effective teaching and learning opportunities for SPAG and Reading
- To ensure staff have the skills, knowledge and resources to plan effective English lessons through Novel Study approach
- To develop robust assessment systems for English
- To raise attainment in reading, spelling, grammar and punctuation throughout school.
- To improve the performance of specific groups, including boys, the most able and pupil premium children.
- To develop resilient, self-motivated and self-assured learners
3. Attainment and progress in Maths across school with a particular focus on reasoning
- Improve the teaching of mathematical reasoning so that children can successfully apply knowledge learnt.
- Improve formative assessment so that there is a triangulation between teachers, children and parents as to the next steps in learning.
- Ensure summative assessment is fit for purpose, shows what the children have achieved and informs future leaning.
- Mastery curriculum is embedded across key stages.
4a. Attainment and progress of significant groups – Disadvantaged
- To close the gap in attainment and achievement of pupil premium and non-pupil premium children.
- To ensure that all PP pupils receive quality first teaching that is pitched accurately to their learning needs providing appropriate challenge and meaningful feedback in order that good progress is made.
- To raise the progress and attainment for all pupil premium children with a particular focus on the more able.
- To provide the social and emotional support and opportunities for pupils to be successful and confident.
4b. Attainment and progress of significant groups – SEND
Have a look at our Academy Improvement Plan below for more details.
- To improve the progress of SEN children.
- Close the gap in attainment and achievement of SEN Support children and those not on the register.
- Ensure Governors are well informed regarding SEN funding.