Lots more exciting things to come.
We are continuing our poetry work in English by writing poems about Bonfire Night. We will move on to look at instructions and the story of the 3 little pigs.
In maths we will continue our work on number and place value and addition and subtraction as well as looking at length and time.
In science we will be looking at materials and carrying out lots more investigations to find out which materials are waterproof and absorbent.
We will be historians again when we find out about why we celebrate Bonfire Night.
This half term we will also be preparing for our Christmas concert - singing voices at the ready!
How you can help ...
- share different types of instructions - maybe follow a recipe to make something
- learn any Christmas songs and parts for the concert
- talk to the children about Bonfire Night safety
- lots of counting, comparing numbers and measuring using rulers
- encourage your children to show an interest in what time it is
- regular reading and learning spellings