Welcome to Little Rainbows
Our Teachers are Mrs Johnson, Mrs Barr and Miss Bailey
There are seven areas of learning that we cover in our setting (both indoors and out):
3 Prime Areas of learning which underpin all other learning areas:
· Personal, Social and Emotional Development
· Communication and Language
· Physical Development
4 Specific Areas, which include essential skills and knowledge:
· Understanding the World
· Expressive Arts and Design
We have a wide variety of themes this year which are interwoven with the children’s needs and interests and the ‘rhythm of the year’. By ‘rhythm of the year’ we are referring to seasons and special calendar events.
The Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum is centred around key principles which include playing and exploring, active learning and creating and thinking critically. You can support your child if you make time every day to do some of the following things:
· Sing and tell nursery rhymes
· Talk about numbers, colours, shapes, words and letters you see when you are out and
· Be creative with your child and make things which involve cutting and sticking
· Cook or bake together
· Plant seeds or bulbs in pot or garden patch
· Use the weather – shadows, rain, puddles, snow, wind, mist, sun – to extend
your child's vocabulary
· Explore a parks and other natural areas in the community in all seasons
· Share a book
· Talk to your child at every opportunity
Visit our pages every week to see what is happening in Little Rainbows.
This week the merit was awarded to Kenzie for writing a super set of instructions. Great job!