Little Owls 2022 - 2023
Welcome to the Little Owls class page!
Our teachers are Mrs Silvester (Tuesday-Friday) and Mrs Parkin (Monday).
We are a reception class within a foundation unit that includes nursery children. In the unit Mrs Silvester and Mrs Parkin are the reception class teachers and Mrs Burkill is the Early Years Practitioner. Mrs Lee and Mr Howden are our teaching assistants.
The adults within the unit support all of the children, we are like a little family who care and respect each other. We encourage the children to self-regulate and show respect to themselves, their peers and the space around them. The children are encouraged to believe in themselves and to understand that when they make mistakes this shows that they are learning.
Children’s learning journeys are posted on Tapestry and parents are encouraged to comment on learning or add significant events and observations to their child’s journal.
We look forward to sharing your child’s early years with them and helping to support them to grow, achieve and become confident, independent individuals.
A few helpful reminders:
School starts at 8.30am and finishes at 3pm.
Please bring book bags and water bottles to school every day.
PE is on Friday. Please send your child in their kit ready for this session.
To help your child learn, you could:
- Talk to them about their school day
- Listen to them read at least three times per week. Please log all read on your child's Go Read GoRead™ The Digital Reading Record (go-read.co.uk)This is an online reading record which can be used at home and at school to share information about your child’s reading progress.
- Practise recognising numbers and shapes in the environment. Number recognition and counting can also be practised using https://play.numbots.com
- Help them to learn to recognise and write their name
- Ensure there is a spare set of clothes in school.
Keep an eye on the app for weekly class updates, celebrations and Academy news.
Little Owls: News items
Little Owls: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Little Owls: Events items
There are no Events items to display