Little Owls 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Little Owls class page!
Our teacher is Mrs Silvester
We are a reception class within a foundation unit that includes nursery children. In the unit Mrs Silvester is the reception class teacher and Miss Fields is the Early Years Practitioner. Mrs Benson and Mrs Burkill are our teaching assistants.
The adults within the unit support all of the children, we are like a little family who care and respect each other. We encourage the children to self regulate and show respect to themselves, their peers and each other. The children are encouraged to believe in themselves and to understand that when they make mistakes this shows that they are learning.
Childrens learning journeys are posted on Tapestry and parents are encouraged to comment on learning or add significant events and observations to their childs journal.
We look forward to sharing your childs early years with them and helping to support them to grow, achieve and become confident, independent individuals.
A few helpful reminders:
School starts at 8.30am and finishes at 3pm.
Please bring book bags to school every day.
PE is on Thursday. Please send your child in their kit ready for this session.
To help your child learn, you could:
- Talk to them about their school day
- Listen to them read at least three times per week. Please log all read on your child's Go Read GoRead™ The Digital Reading Record (go-read.co.uk)This is an online reading record which can be used at home and at school to share information about your childs reading progress.
- Practise recognising numbers and shapes in the environment. Number recognition and counting can also be practised using https://play.numbots.com
- Help them to learn to write their name
- Ensure there is a spare set of clothes in school.
Keep an eye on the app for weekly class updates, celebrations and Academy news.
Little Owls: News items
Little Owls: Display work items
Little Owls: Events items
There are no Events items to display